President Obama may be one of the most prolific speakers of all the politicians in our history. He is the speaking equivalent to literally thousands of windmills, albeit windmills designed for moving volumes of hot air. Although he promised to be the most transparent president in history, he has proven one of the most opaque. Indeed, it has been the frequency of his speeches that supports his claim of transparency – and their content that makes his presidency opaque.
How many speeches has Obama made about businessmen out to cheat the consumer? How many speeches has he dedicated to the promise of protecting citizens from the evil clutches of big business? Aside from signing the Dodd-Frank bill, he even created the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. So, there’s transparency! Right?
We’re no doubt in for a lot of Obama’s “Transparency” over the next few days of the DNC. And convinced of the absolute truth and justice of every Obama utterance and action, the mainstream media is understandably reluctant to ask even a few mundane questions that might suggest reasonable doubt. For example:
1) If Dodd Frank is really designed to protect consumers, why does it expand the power of the Federal Reserve? Is that a good thing?
2) If Obamacare has already caused a reduction of $716 billion dollars in Medicare funding, exactly how is it that Obama argues he is protecting Medicare and improving health care to seniors?
3) The daughter of a 105 year old woman once explained to Obama that at 99, her mother needed a pacemaker and that nothing could be done for her without it. In other words, she would die without it. The doctor, after seeing the woman’s energy and love for life, o.k.d the operation and the woman lived at least 6 years longer. When she asked Obama if this could happen under Obamacare, the answer was no and that sometimes it was better just to give them a pill. How is it that Obama can take such a position while sneering at the suggestion that Obamacare contains a “Death Panel?”
4) Obama claims responsibility for 29 straight months of job growth and the creation of millions of jobs. WHO CARES? If he created 50 billion jobs and the unemployment rate goes up (as it is) and workforce participation goes down (as it has), what do those jobs matter? Does anybody get it?
5) If Obama can make people believe he’s saving Medicare, producing jobs, and looking out for the middle class, why hasn’t he bypassed Congress as usual and issued an Executive Order removing himself from office?
Now that would be logical!